Dear Expectant Parent(s),
Hello, and thank you so much for giving us this opportunity to introduce ourselves and tell you about our family. We are Dave and Joe and we are grateful that you are considering us as adoptive parents for your baby . Understandably, you may have a lot of nerves about this process – we do too. You want what is best for your baby, which is what we want as well. No matter where you are in your journey, we hope you feel loved and supported.
Dave is an information technology professional and Joe is a professional photographer. Together we love spending time in the great outdoors, including hiking, kayaking, or simply exploring. We also love traveling and experiencing new places and cultures. Over the past few years we have travelled to Iceland, Aruba, Paris, Amsterdam, and taken numerous weekend trips to our favorite New England locations. Cinema, the arts, and watching sports are some of our other favorite pastimes.
We have been a couple for over 8 years and were married in April of 2019. We love each other very much, and have a beautiful home located just outside of Boston, Massachusetts. We share our home with our two pets, Chase (our dog) and Paddy (our cat), and love having friends and family over to entertain.
We first met at a housewarming party hosted by a mutual friend of ours, and shortly after that we went on our first date to a bowling alley (still a favorite pastime of ours). After a few years of dating, Joe finished graduate school in Tennessee, and we moved into a small apartment together in the suburbs of Boston. In 2015, we found our new dream home with over an acre of land right next to a nature preserve and less than 20 minutes from one of our favorite cities, Boston.
When we are not working we love to hike or kayak. In fact, there is a beautiful pond only minutes from our home, which is one of our favorite places to enjoy the outdoors. We also both love photography and often use our drone to capture photos and video of some of the gorgeous locations across New England.
And of course, we treasure low key nights at home or dinner and a movie with our close friends. We simply cannot wait to add another to our love-filled family, and to share our home, life, and memories with a child.
Our extended family is also a huge part of our lives. Joe’s family lives in Massachusetts, while Dave’s family is from Pennsylvania. We love spending time with both when celebrating the holidays and special occasions, but also make an effort to see them throughout the year.
Dave’s mother unfortunately passed away in 2004, but he remains close with his three sisters and father. We don’t get to see them as often as we would like, as they live in Pennsylvania and Virginia, but we try to see them as much as possible. Fortunately, we are able to video chat with those family members we cannot see in person as often as we would like!
Joe is the youngest of three children and grew up in southeastern Massachusetts. After high school, he attended college in Boston before working as a product manager for 12 years. A few years ago he began pursuing his creative passion for photography and started his own freelance photography business. He now does that full time. Besides selling prints of his work, he also shoots portraits and other projects on a commission basis.
Sadly, Joe’s father passed away in 2009, but he is still close with his brother, sister, and mother. His sister currently resides in Louisiana with her three children, but both his mother and brother (along with his brother’s three children) live within 30 minutes of our home. We often spend holidays and special occasions with them, and even get together for coffee or lunch breaks to catch up on a regular basis.
Besides our immediate family, we both have multiple aunts and uncles, in addition to numerous cousins and other extended family, with whom we enjoy close relationships with to this day. In fact, part of the reason we are so excited about having a child of our own is to share the love that our immediate and extended family shared with us as children.
We cannot wait for them to meet the newest addition to our family – and words cannot explain how excited they are!
1. Dave’s generosity – He is one of those people who would give the shirt off their own back for someone in need. He is extremely kind and always spoiling those around him with gifts!
2. Dave’s Intellect– Every day after work he tells me all about his day and it goes right over my head!! He is in Information Technology and one of the smartest people I know – yet is also very humble.
3. His playful heart – Although he is the most responsible person I have ever met, Dave can also be a big kid. In fact, he has the sense of adventure and playfulness of a 10–year old sometimes, and it makes us both enjoy life all the more.
4. Dave’s interest in trying new things – He is always open and interested in trying new experiences and meeting new people! Whether it’s planning our next vacation or trying out new types of food, we always find new ways to have fun and experience the world.
5. His sense of humor – Dave makes me laugh more than any other person ever has! And I love that more than anything!
1. Joe’s analytical mind – Joe is a constant thinker, which I love. He likes to analyze things to understand them as best as possible.
2. His sense of humor – We share the same type of humor, and Joe is always making me laugh with some witty comment or story!
3. His sensitivity and ability to Love – Joe is one of the most sensitive and thoughtful people I have ever met
4. Joe’s creativity – Joe is always looking for an expressive and creative outlet to show his unique perspective.
5. Joe’s passion for his work – Joe’s love for photography shines through in every picture he displays. He will work on a picture for hours to ensure he has the best shading, shadows, or effect to make it really stand out.
When it comes to sharing love with another human being, we cannot imagine a better way than through the process of adoption. We also both believe that considering placing a child for adoption is an incredibly selfless act that springs from unconditional love. We both take the responsibility of adopting a child very seriously and want more than anything to raise a child in a loving and stable environment where they can grow to reach their full potential – whatever that may be. We look forward to meeting you, if that’s what you want, and the opportunity to care for and love the miracle you have created! If you would like to learn more about us or speak with us please contact Full Circle Adoptions at 1-800-452-3678.