Dear Expectant Parent(s),
We are Jesse and Christi. We live outside of Boston in our dream home, a three bedroom townhome, with our cat, Deejay, and our dog, Lydia. We currently do not have any children, and we are ready and eager to grow our family. Our journey to get to adoption has been a roller coaster. We have gone through the tough time of fertility treatments, which has made us a stronger couple, but before starting another round of treatment we thought to ourselves, “wait a minute, what about adoption?” Instantly, the thought of adoption brought so much joy and hope back to us. We knew adoption was how we were meant to grow our family, and we are looking forward to sharing all the love and joy we have with a child.
This story starts with me, Christi, about five years ago. I lived in an apartment outside of New York City. Right outside my front door and slightly to my left was the Statue of Liberty. So there I was, just me, my cat Deejay, Lady Liberty, and the opossum who lived outside my bedroom window that I nicknamed Simone.
One day, I made a new friend and as we became close, I was invited to her wedding. At the reception, I was seated with a crazy tight-knit group of friends who had all known each other since high school. By their hilarious stories of the past you could see that there was a deep friendship between them.
I couldn’t help liking them all immediately, especially one friend in particular – Jesse. Jesse sat right next to me at Table #1. He was tall, handsome, witty, and a decent dancer. BUT, to my dismay, he had a plus-one written on his table card for “Lydia.” I quickly found out that Lydia was not his date, but a beautiful golden retriever service dog and Jesse was, and still is, her dedicated caretaker. We spent the whole night talking, laughing, and dancing. Before the end of the evening I decided that he was the one for me. So now “my” story has become “our” story. And those same friends from that wedding stood beside us at our own wedding two years later.
Our family is very important to us. Jesse is the baby of his family with has three older siblings (2 brothers and a sister). He is the uncle of 10 nieces and nephews who love to play games and read with their Uncle Jesse. Christi is the oldest of her family with two younger sisters who cannot wait to be aunts. Our family is spread out all over the eastern US from Pennsylvania and New Jersey to Virginia and Florida. We can’t wait to take road trips together with our future children to see family.
This will be the first grandchild for Christi’s parents. Christi’s mom is so excited to be a grandmother and has already started to gather up surprises for a grandchild, including a handmade Harry Potter Quilt that she has begun to work on. Christi’s Dad spent some time thinking over what he wants to be called, and settled on “Grandpa Colonel,” which is what Christi called her grandfather as well. Jesse’s parents are so excited to welcome another grandchild into their arms. Jesse’s mother, a retired librarian, cannot wait to read and share her favorite books, and Jesse’s dad is excited to share his childhood stories of growing up on a farm in Iowa.
A lot of our adventures are based around sports. We both grew up with a love of sports. As children, Jesse played football, track, and baseball, and Christi played field hockey, basketball, soccer, and softball. Now we enjoy going to different sporting events as spectators.
We try to travel to some kind of big sporting event every year. In 2019, we went to the O’Reilly Auto Parts 500 NASCAR race outside Fort Worth, Texas. This was Jesse’s first NASCAR experience and he had so much fun hearing and seeing all the different cars.
In the past, we have traveled to Washington, DC to see NFL and college football games. We can also be found at the local college league baseball games during the summer or going into Boston to see the Red Sox or Bruins play. We can’t wait to share our experiences and build new ones with our family.
We are still trying to figure out 2020’s sport event. Maybe another NASCAR race in wine country (if Christi has her way) or a football game in a new city (if Jesse has his way).
1. Jesse has an easy going spirit. He can find the joy in anything and lets things just roll off his back. It doesn’t matter if it’s a good day or a bad day because he ALWAYS makes me laugh.
2. Jesse is the most positive person I have ever met and often helps me see the light at the end of the road. He believes that there’s no point in getting upset and responding negatively if something is going slower than expected, if a person is rude, or if things aren’t going the way we’d like them to. I fall in love all over again when I see the way he handles himself calmly in situations that would make any other person blow up with anger!
3. Jesse is warm and loving. He thinks about me when we are not together and reminds me of that by sending me simple texts like “Hi Honey” or cute heart emojis during the work week. Those little things always bring a smile to my face. Jesse is constantly putting my needs above his own in little ways, like always offering me the last bite of dessert, and big ways, like providing love and support during our infertility experiences.
4. Jesse believes the best in others and challenges me to do the same. He is considerate, compassionate, and empathetic towards every person he comes in contact with, regardless of age or race. He just brings out the best in me. I like the way he inspires me to reach my goals, learn something new, do my best, and never give up, causing me to want to grow, become better, and improve.
5. Jesse is my partner in all things. He wields a strong opinion, but then he is able to put it aside to listen to me, and hear me. And I do the same for him.
1. I love Christi’s organizational skills. She keeps both of our lives structured, sends out calendar invites for upcoming appointments, obligations, bills – she makes sure I don’t forget, and sends gentle reminders when I do because she knows it is not my strength.
2. Christi is constantly improving herself. I love that she continues to work on being her best self, whether through changes to her diet and exercise routine, or continuing to educate herself with best practices at her work. In doing this, she motivates my inner spirit to work harder and smarter and improve myself as well.
3. I love Christi’s work ethic. She works hard and is a leader in her workplace not because of a title, but because that’s who she is. Seeing Christi work hard continually inspires me to achieve more and take on leadership roles in my own work.
4. I love Christi’s thoughtfulness. She cares deeply and seeks my thoughts and opinions on things big and small in our relationship. She makes sure we share chores and tasks, and she can see into any extra burden that may be weighing on me, understand it, and give me advice. At the very least she lets me know I don’t have to take on any challenge by myself.
5. I love Christi’s playfulness and silly side. She’s a big goof, just like me. For as hard as Christi works, she still has an inner child that is a joy to see. From funny voices to punny jokes, she indulges my silliness and makes me giggle inside and out.
We could never imagine the road you took toward adoption. Our road to adoption has been nerve-racking, but exciting and hopeful. We are so grateful that you are considering us as adoptive parents to your child, and we promise that we will protect, support, love, and cherish your child throughout their life.
If chosen by you, and to the extent you’re comfortable with, we would love to share with our child as much as we can about you. In addition, we are more than willing to maintain contact with you, if that’s what you would like. We value the importance of openness with our future child. Our child’s story will always begin with your selfless act, and adoption will be talked about as a blessing in our home so that he or she will be proud of their story and how we all became a family. You are a part of that story, and we promise to always make sure our child knows the love you have for them
We hope this letter helps you to get to know us as you consider us as adoptive parents to your child.
Please call Full Circle Adoptions at 1-800-452-3678 if you would like to learn more about us or speak with us.